PARENTING CAN BE CHALLENGING : FUN WAYS TO RELATE TO YOUR SON/DAUGHTER
PARENTING SUPPORT: THERE ARE UPS AND DOWNS TO RAISING CHILDREN
"Parenting is a verb."- Dr. Phil
Parenting, an honourable and fulfilling job that it is, can sometimes be difficult and frustrating for mothers and fathers, who may not have a glue how to 'handle' the lows that come with being a this honourable job. It can be stressful for kids too.
Each parent has a big role to play in his/her daughters' and/or sons' lives. "Even though the first hour of my day is hectic, when socks are lost, toast is burned and tempers are short, thank you Lord, for my family. There are many who are lonely"- Author Unknown
PARENT-CHILD RELATIONSHIPS: TAKE THIS FUN PARENTING QUIZ WITH YOUR CHILDREN
"FUN FAMILY QUIZ" FOR PARENTS AND CHILDREN
1. Name your child's best friend
2. Name your child's all-time favourite teacher
3. What is your child's favourite subject in school?
4. Most challenging subject
5. Current exciting project(s)
6. Current worries/disturbances
7. Likes/Dislikes about each parent
8. Would he/she change anything about herself/himself? What?
9. What makes your child happy/sad?
10. What is it that can make family relations easier for him/her? If you are able to answer at least half of these questions correctly, then you are on a way to building good relationships with your child/children. Continue to work on it, and add more questions.
"Watching your daughter being collected by her date feels like handing over a million dollar Stradivarius to a gorilla" - Jim Bishop
RECOMMENDED BOOKS FOR PARENTING WITH PURPOSE
"How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk" is an excellent communication tool kit based on a series of workshops developed by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish. Faber and Mazlish (coauthors of Siblings Without Rivalry) provide a step-by-step approach to improving relationships in your house.
"Supernanny" Jo Frost may as well be wearing a Wonder Woman costume. Her no-nonsense rules--not tips, not advice, but rules--for consistently managing one's offspring leave no room for arguments (or wrestling matches).
"Say it with conidence" is a reference book for parents who want their kids to be confident, manage shyness and speak without fear of rejection. The case-studies of a shy little girl provide instant motivation for any one whose shyness is a threat to progress in life. Exprtly written by public-speaking-solutions.com authour, Sofia Matloga, the ebook provides confidence boosting tips that will help both parents and children alike.
Every parent, especially new parents, need a little hand-holding! You can be a super-parent/supermom/superdad without putting too much pressure on yourself or your child.SUPER-PARENTING:FOR ASPIRING SUPERMOMS AND SUPERDADS!
PUBLIC SPEAKING EBOOKS - "SAY IT WITH CONFIDENCE"