ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIPS AND DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
Emotional, financial and physical abuse of women Most women are in abusive relationships without even realizing it. Most of us can only recognise physical abuse. However, the effect of emotional and financial abuse can be much more devastating for women.
Women who have endured physical harm or battering from a partner often ignored the obvious signs of abuse that their partner had shown. They only see or recognise abuse when they have been hurt and injured.When it comes to excessive jealousy and control, women tend to view it as love; “He must love me so much if he doesn’t want any other man to have me,” is often the kind of analysis that women make up.
Leaving an Abuser and Preventing future Abuse
Firstly: You need to be assured that "There Is Life After What's-His-Name". Discover How To Survive A Breakup Or Divorce And Move On To A Better Future. Yes you can leave your abuser!!
Secondly: never make the same mistakes again! How To Spot A Dangerous Man. How To Spot A Dangerous Man - Before You Get Involved. Read him like an open book!
You are in an abusive relationship (or potentially abusive relationship) if:
Women abuse: Sometimes abuse and murder can’t be prevented, but there are instances where they could have been avoided.The following are just some of the (warning) signs that you could be in an abusive relationship:
1. You are not allowed to talk to any other men
2. He gets numbers from your address book and calls people to check how you relate to them
3. He has become verbally abusive
4. He wants you to stop working and stay at home (often so that he may have some control over you)
5. He wants you to dress unattractively
6. He wants to control your finances
7. He may try and make you feel unattractive by picking on you
8. He may deliberately try and make you jealous
9. He says that he would rather kill you and go to jail than see you with another man
10. If he can say he will kill you, he probably is capable of that.
11. If he has violently pushed you, and you feel like he can redeem himself, you must be very firm and very proactive. He has to get help and keep his word.
12. If he had pulled a gun on you, you have no business seeing him again!
13. Most often than not, you will know if your relationship has become abusive. Listen to your gut feeling, you know more than you think you do and you can feel and sense more than you think you can.
Search the site for more info or search the web using the google search box. You do not need to go back to google, you can use this google box, provided for your convenience.