GUIDE TO QUIT SMOKING QUICKLY AND PERMANENTLY
HOW TO QUIT SMOKING PROGRAM: THE GUIDE
Do you want to "stop smoking easily and quickly"? Then do take time to read this articles slowly.
The mind has two parts: the conscious and subconscious. You might want to stop smoking because it's bad for your health (conscious reason), but you're still aware that smoking makes you feel good about yourself (subconscious reason). However there is a proper way to proceed with once you have decided to quit smoking viz.
1. First sit down and write down why you want to quit (the benefits of quitting): live longer, feel better, for your family, save money, smell better, find a mate more easily, etc. You know what's bad about smoking and you know what you'll get by quitting. Put it on paper and read it daily.
2. Ask your family and friends to support your decision to quit cigarettes. Ask them to be completely supportive and non-judgmental. Let them know ahead of time that you will probably become irritable and even irrational while you withdraw from your smoking habit. These are the normal side-effects of quitting.
3. Set a quit date. Decide what day you will extinguish your cigarettes forever.
4. Talk with your doctor about quitting. Support and guidance from a physician is a proven way to better your chances to quit.
5. Begin an exercise program. Exercise is simply incompatible with smoking. Exercise relieves stress and helps your body recover from years of damage from cigarettes.
6. Do some deep breathing each day for 3 to 5 minutes. Breathe in through your nose very slowly, hold the breath for a few seconds, and exhale very slowly through your mouth.
7. Have your teeth cleaned. Enjoy the way your teeth look and feel and plan to keep them that way.
8. Drink lots of water. Water is good for you anyway, and most people don't get enough. It will help flush the nicotine and other chemicals out of your body, plus it can help reduce cravings by fulfilling the "oral desires" that you may have.
9. Learn what triggers your desire for a cigarette, such as stress, the end of a meal, arrival at work, entering a bar, etc. Avoid these triggers or if that's impossible, plan alternative ways to deal with the triggers.
10. Find something to hold in your hand and mouth, to replace cigarettes. You might try an artificial cigarette.
11. Lastly believe in yourself. Believe that you can quit. Think about some of the most difficult things you have done in your life and realize that you have the guts and determination to quit smoking.
Rob Mellor owns the www.quit-smoking-expert.com! website helping normal peoplequit smoking cigarettes permanently and easily! in less than 40 minutes. Please visit the site for more information on methods to quit smoking permanently.
Read the quit smoking stories; get support; learn about the symptoms/side-effects... www.quit-smoking-expert.com!
OTHER INTERESTING READS LINKED TO QUITTING SMOKING AND LEADING A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE
DEALING WITH DRUG ADDICTION